Ahhhhh… cold weather is back again and is one of the number one causes of dry skin! Us girls need to be expecting what’s to come… cracking, breaking, and flaking are all struggles that will soon follow! There’s only one thing we can do: moisturize moisturize moisturize!
- First off, test which moisturizer/lotion works best for your skin. If you have sensitive skin, make sure you’re careful with choosing the right product before using it religiously. Breakouts usually don’t show up right away, so be cautious!
- Make sure to remember to moisturize 1-2 times a day (definitely twice if your skin is super dry). When you wake up, moisturize! Before you go to sleep, moisturize! Try to do it about 20-30 minutes before you go to sleep. This allows it to sink in and prevents it from rubbing off on your pillow.
- Pay attention to your skin type. If your skin becomes oily easily, try a gel moisturizer. This will prevent you from getting the sweaty look that none of us want.
- SPF is important! Just because it’s not summer anymore doesn’t mean you can’t get sunburnt. Always protect your skin from the sun! Sunburns cause breakage in your skin which dries out your pores.
- A couple things you can do on top of moisturizing is to 1) buy a facial mask or 2) make your own DIY mask. Doing a DIY could be fun with your friends or siblings!
Do you have any tips of your own? Let me know below :)!