As the saying goes, “You are what you eat.” I couldn’t agree any more with this statement! If you eat fast food every day, your body and mood will feel the effects. You’ll feel sluggish and down. It’s important to feed your body foods that will make you happy. Surprisingly, there are certain foods that can actually boost your mood. It’s an all-natural way to go from sad to happy!
- Greek yogurt: This type of yogurt is packed with more calcium than milk and studies show that a high intake of calcium can boost your mood. Low calcium levels can produce anxiety, depression, and slow thinking. Eat your yogurt!!
- Dark chocolate: Of course chocolate is a mood booster, duh?! I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate? Dark chocolate, especially, improves blood flow to the brain. This makes your body more energized and vibrant.
- Asparagus: This vegetable has the highest concentration of serotonin, a mood regulator for the brain.
- Honey: Although sweet like sugar, this sweet treat can reduce inflammation and reduce depression.
- Eggs: The fatty omega-3 acid found in eggs can give your body enough energy to make it through your whole day. When you’re energized, your whole body will feel alive!
Make your body smile and eat for a body you’d be proud of!