Life gets busy. I’m sure you know the feeling! Nick and I are both so busy, and even though we try to be intentional about making time for each other, life can get in the way. That is where little acts of kindness come in. These are great ways to express love and thoughtfulness to your significant other. Here are a few ways to keep the romance and love bright and alive!
- Pray for him and let him know you are! I love when Nick asks how he can pray for me, or when he tells me he has been praying for me. I feel so encouraged and uplifted.
- Buy his favorite treat and leave it on the front seat of his car so the next time he gets in he will have a nice surprise. You can also leave a cute note with it.
- Rent a movie he has been wanting to see, even if it isn’t your first choice.
- Take his car to get washed or clean it out and wash it yourself. While you’re at it, fill up his gas tank!
- Plan a surprise date night. It could be something as simple as a picnic dinner in the park, or something as elaborate as getting concert tickets or reservations at a fancy restaurant you’ve both been wanting to try.
- Send him a love note via email. It will give him a reason to smile at work or school!
- Do his least favorite chore for him so he doesn’t have to do it.
- Celebrate his half birthday. Get balloons, his favorite dessert, and maybe a small little gift.
- Figure out what his love language is, and then do small things to make him feel loved.
- Surprise him and bring him lunch at work.
- Make his favorite dinner and dessert.
- List all of the things you are grateful for that he does and everything you love about him.
- Surprise him with tickets to see his favorite team play.
- Make a playlist of songs that make you think of him and cue it up in his car so it plays the next time he gets in to drive.
- Find a cute photo of you both and have it printed. Write on the back of it and give it to him so he can take it to work and hang up to brighten his day.
What are some little acts of kindness you do for your significant other? I am always looking for new and fresh ideas!