When I do something nice for Nick, it makes me feel so happy and proud seeing how much he appreciates it. Being kind and thoughtful to your significant other is definitely key in maintaining a healthy relationship. No matter how big or small, acts of kindness never go unnoticed or unappreciated. Here are some easy ideas on how to serve your significant other and make them feel loved.
- Start a conversation with him that you know he will really value.
- Watch a sports game with him (or an event that he really loves to watch)
- Leave a sweet love note in his backpack or coat pocket so he will find it later.
- Brag about him in front of his friends. It will make him feel proud and will boost his self-esteem!
- Pray for him. Then, let him know that you have been praying for him.
- Hold his hand in public, when you are in the car, any time you can!
- Tell him how much you appreciate him. Give him specific examples of things that you appreciate about him.
- Do one of his daily chores for him, like taking out the trash, emptying the dishwasher, or anything else he usually does.
- Cook him his favorite meal.
- Let him pick the movie or restaurant or desert or whatever you are doing for date night!
- Leave your phone, tv, or computer off while you are eating dinner and give him your undivided attention.
- Give him a genuine compliment (or two)
- Write an encouraging Bible verse and place it somewhere he’ll see it.
- Ask him if there is anything you can do for him, or if you can help him with anything.
- Surprise him at work with his favorite lunch or coffee.
- Send him a random text in the middle of the day telling him you are thinking about him.
- Bake his favorite treat.
- Take his car and get it washed, vacuum it out, and make it look squeaky clean!
- Make him a mix tape CD or Spotify playlist with songs that make you think of him.
- Brag about him on your social media.
- Surprise him with something he loves, like tickets to see his favorite band or a new book by his favorite author.
- Tell him that you are glad he is in your life.
- Play his favorite board game or video game with him.
- Ask him to go on a walk or bike ride with you.
- Go out and do his hobby with him. It may not be your favorite thing, but he will appreciate your effort to spend time with him!
Doing ALL of these things definitely isn’t necessary, but there are definitely some great ideas on this list! Whatever place you are at in life, whatever season you are going through, you can always find ways, however big or small, to make your significant other feel loved and appreciated.