My first time going to prom, I had several questions and expectations about what prom would actually be like. You may be thinking that prom is just like the movies, which in some ways it is… But in others, it’s just the opposite. Here are 5 busted prom myths for the first-year prom goers!
- You can’t go if you don’t have a date. Wrong! You can absolutely go solo! Don’t let not having a date stop you from having a great night with your friends. Make tons of memories whether you go with someone or not.
- Prom is always expensive. That’s not always the case! You don’t have to spend hundreds of dollars on your dress, shoes, etc. If you shop smart, you can look like a million bucks at prom without spending much at all.
- Prom night is going to be just like it is in the movies… Not exactly! Although prom night has a lot of potential, don’t stress if it’s not the absolute best night of your life. That being said, it can also be everything you want it to be!
- You absolutely HAVE to go to prom. Although I highly encourage it, you don’t have to go to prom! If it’s not really your thing, don’t feel like it’s mandatory.
- Winning prom queen is the most important thing about prom. Although prom king and queen are a pretty big deal, it’s not the only thing that happens at prom. Don’t feel too bad if you’re not on the list of nominees!
Now that you know a little more of what to expect, make the most of your prom night! Remember, you only do high school once!