Emotions are a crazy thing. One moment you’re happy, the next moment you’re sad; one second you’re loving life, the next you’re angry at the world. What is going on?! Learning how to balance emotions is tricky, but it can be done. Once you’ve learned how to control the way you feel, life will be a much happier place!
- When I am feeling stressed, upset, or unappreciated I always turn to my Bible. It reassures me that I am loved, taken care of, and that God will take care of anything that is worrying me.
- Make a list of everything you are thankful for. Every time you are sad or angry, read the list. You will realize how much you should be grateful for.
- Surround yourself with people that lift you up! If you notice a friend that is always negative or putting you down, it’s time to drop them. If they aren’t doing anything to benefit your life, it’s time to move on.
- Go for a run! Running releases endorphins, which, in the simple sense, makes your brain happy.
- Take time for yourself. I understand that school, work, sports, family, and friends can be a lot to handle at once, but it’s important to take time to breathe. Set aside 30 minutes to 1 hour a day to watch your favorite show, do a DIY project, or just hangout!
Life is good, so let’s spend it happily!