As teenagers, we still have so much life left to live. I’ve always wondered how people at the end of their lives feel looking back on their own lives. Are they filled with happiness? Or regret and unfulfillment? I found a post online that listed a few life lessons from an 80-year-old. I found them inspiring and wanted to share some of them!
- “Look people in the eye.” Eye contact is important and the ability to have that is a good quality to have! It tells people that you’re really interested in the conversation. This is something our generation needs to learn how to do!
- “Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.” I’ve always loved the quote, “be the person you want to meet.” We should all strive to be the best person we can be!
- “Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.” Doing something nice for someone is easy, but doing it without getting any recognition is what we can often struggle with. Try it sometime!
- “Loosen up. Relax. Nothing is as important as it first seems.” I live by this advice! It is so important to let go of things and know that you’re probably stressing over nothing anyway.
- “Be bold and courageous.” There’s a verse in the Bible that says the same thing. Take risks and get out of your comfort zone! Life’s too short to let opportunities pass you by.
What lessons have you learned so far throughout your life? Share with me below!