I’m usually not a “New Year’s Resolution” kind of girl. They can be kind of daunting, and when you fail at them it can make you feel down in the dumps. But, I have found a few resolutions that are more like “life goals”, if you do them you feel good about yourself, and if you don’t it doesn’t make any difference! Here are a few easy “resolutions” to take on in 2017.
- Stop trying to diet. Dieting is a waste of time. Drink more water and eat more fruits and veggies. Also exercise regularly! That’s all the “dieting” you need!
- Take a social media break. Staying off of it for a few days can help clear your mind and give you a new perspective on things. I did that when I came home from college and it was one of the best things for me.
- Be present with other people. This kind of goes with the one above. When you are out to dinner with friends or family, or if you are at a friend’s house hanging out, put your phone away and give them your attention.
- Give more compliments.
- Find a form of exercise you enjoy. If you like it, you are more likely to do it!
- Try things you’ve never done before. It could be food, exercise, movie genres, anything that you haven’t done before!
- Talk to older family members about their childhood. I love listening to my older family members talk about what it was like to grow up in the time period they did. You can learn so much from them, and they love sharing their memories with you!
Not all New Year’s resolutions have to be boring!