If you follow me on YouTube, then you have probably seen my recent video about how I care for my hair. What I didn’t share with you is how I…
If you follow me on YouTube, then you have probably seen my recent video about how I care for my hair. What I didn’t share with you is how I deal with bad hair days! We have all had those days where we wake up and our hair looks like a bird has started nesting in it. Bad hair days are the worst. Hard as you try, your strands just won’t cooperate. Here is a handy list of ways that you can beat your next bad hair day, or even prevent it!
- Is your hair dull or brassy? Give your hair natural shine by taking fish oil supplements! Along with a ton of other health benefits, fish oil works from the inside out, giving you naturally glossy strands.
- Running late or have unmanageable hair? Braid it up. Braided hairstyles are your bff on days when you just don’t want to mess with your hair. They mask the craziness!
- Steer clear of hair products that have silicones or sulfates in them. Those chemicals dry out your strands and disrupt its natural wave/curl pattern, which causes frizz. Also, maintaining a healthy diet can really benefit the health of your hair. Avoid eating too much salt, sugar, caffeine and carbonated beverages.
- Topknots = lifesaver. These high buns keep your hair out of your face and disguise the mess it really is!
- Are you battling static electricity and flyaways? Rub a dryer sheet over your hair!
- When straightening your locks, pull the hair up towards the ceiling when running it through the straightener to add volume to the ‘do.
Bad hair days be gone!