There are some items of clothing that never go out of style. I tried to pack as many of this sort of thing to go to college with me as…
There are some items of clothing that never go out of style. I tried to pack as many of this sort of thing to go to college with me as I could. I love dressing trendy and stylish, and there are clothing items that you can literally wear tons of ways and with tons of different combinations (aka your basic white V-neck t-shirt) and will always be in style. Here are a few closet staples that I made sure not to leave Illinois without.
- Simple white button-down shirt: Layer it under a sweater, vest, blazer or wear it by itself. There is nothing classier or more versatile than a simple white button up.
- Nice pair of black slacks: Everyone needs a dressy pair of black slacks for any professional event or interview that may arise! You always want to be prepared.
- Classy fitted blazer: For job interviews, dressy parties, or professional school events.
- Trendy leather jacket: I love an edgy leather jacket.
- Pair of classic dark denim: A pair of dark denim pants can be paired with pretty much anything and can be both dressed up or dressed down.
- Classic denim jacket: For those chilly summer/fall evenings.
- Flattering denim shorts: A cute pair of denim shorts that fit well are essential to any wardrobe. They’re super versatile and never go out of style.
- Cute black jeans: I love a nice pair of black denim. They’re a little more edgy than standard blue jeans and pair well with all kinds of tops, from dressy to casual.
- Standard white v-neck: The perfect lazy day top. Pair with simple jeans and white Keds for an effortlessly easy ensemble.
- Nice trench coat: For the days when it is too warm for your winter coat but too cold for a jacket.
Keep these items in your closet and you will never run out of things to wear! So many combos!