Was one of your New Year’s Resolutions to drop a few pounds? If so, then you need to know that you can use your breakfast as a tool to lose…
Was one of your New Year’s Resolutions to drop a few pounds? If so, then you need to know that you can use your breakfast as a tool to lose weight! Here is the perfect breakfast equation to help you start seeing results.
- Calories: Aim to consume about 300-350 calories at breakfast.
- Carbs: Your breakfast should be 45-50% carbs. Skip sugary foods or foods with enriched white flour, and choose whole grains, fruits, and veggies.
- Protein: 15-20% of your breakfast calorie intake should be protein. Getting protein at breakfast is key to keeping you satisfied throughout the morning. Eggs, dairy products, soy milk, protein powder in smoothies, and nuts and seeds are great sources of protein.
- Fats: Your breakfast should be about 10-15 grams of fat. This doesn’t mean bacon or cheese, it means nuts and seeds, avocado, and nut butter like peanut or almond butter!
- Fiber: ¼ of your daily fiber intake should be in the morning. Berries, apples, pears, greens, and other veggies, nuts and whole grains can help you get to your goals.
- Sugars: Use sweeteners like maple syrup, agave and honey in your breakfasts to avoid overdoing the sugar. Also, if you are eating fruits in the morning, they have natural sugars in them.
Isn’t it cool that one way to lose weight is to actually eat? We just have to be smart about what we fuel our body with.