How often do we wish we had someone else’s body? That we had smaller thighs or a narrower face? Or that we had a flatter tummy or tighter tush? Why don’t we just start to love our body the way it is? I think that if we start to do this, we will be so much more content and happier in our life. Here are a few reasons that you should love your body just the way it is:
- You can do so much more with your time other than worrying about your figure. You have things to do, people to see! Have lunch with friends, read a new book, clean out your closet, anything but fret about your body!
- Food is yummy and meant to be devoured. No one wants to go through life never knowing the earth-shattering goodness of a donut. Indulge a little every once in a while!
- Being healthy is what matters. As long as you are eating well and exercising frequently, then you are good to go. Not seeing drastic drops on the scale? Try changing your workout routine up a bit and substitute out some not-so-great snacks out of your diet. You will see a difference!
- Looks aren’t everything. No matter what this society tries to tell you. Instead of going through life always wishing you looked like someone else, embrace YOU and YOUR beauty! There is no one like you!
- The perfect body doesn’t exist, so don’t worry about chasing it. Your body was made for YOU and YOU only! That means that it is perfect for you.
Stop trying to change your body all the time and take a second to actually appreciate the one God gave you. You are fearfully and wonderfully made, don’t forget it!