It is no secret that life can be rough. When our life seems out of control, that is a good time to remind ourselves that God is in control. Whatever you face, amidst the struggles and anxious thoughts and worries of life, God is there strengthening us and helping us. Here are 8 verses that remind us that God is in control.
- “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” Psalm 56:3
- “An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.” Proverbs 12:25
- “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34
- “Tell everyone who is discouraged, Be strong and don’t be afraid! God is coming to your rescue…” Isaiah 35:4
- “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?” Psalm 27:1
- “Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.” Psalm 55:22
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
- “Jesus told him, ‘Don’t be afraid; just believe.’” Mark 5:36
God is greater than your worries. He gives us the power to live boldly, fearlessly, and courageously in this life. When everything in life is telling us to be afraid, God’s truth reminds us that we are strong. Replace your fearful thoughts with His words of truth. He knows what concerns you, and He’s got you covered.