Why do we pray? God knows everything anyway. He is almighty, soverign, and in control of all things. What could we possibly add to His wisdom with our prayers? That, my friends, is a great question. Why do we pray? Here are some great reasons.
- We pray because we are God’s children, and He loves to hear from us!
- We pray because it deepens our trust in God. (Philippians 4:6-7)
- We pray because it causes us to depend on God. (Isaiah 40:26)
- We pray because it gives us the chance to express ourselves completely to the Lord. (Psalms 62:8)
- We pray because our prayers move the heart of God. (James 4:2)
- We pray because it is an amazing way that we get to be involved with what God is already doing in our world. (1 Thessalonians 5:25)
Mother Teresa said “God shapes the world by prayer. The more praying there is in the world the better the world will be, the mightier the forces against evil.” Prayer is so important, and having a healthy prayer life is crucial to your walk with Jesus!