Putting on makeup seems easy, right? Just throw on your favorite products and you’re good to go for the day. Surprisingly, when it comes to makeup, there are a few “don’ts” that most girls aren’t aware of.
- DON’T curl your eyelashes after you apply mascara. I sometimes get asked when to curl eyelashes, before or after you apply mascara? Before, before, before! If you wait till after, your lashes will get clumped and messy! Curling them before allows you to solidify them by adding your mascara after. This leaves them looking just right!
- DON’T use eyeliner on your waterline. If you do this, you probably noticed your eyeliner doesn’t last long. It removes almost immediately. Make sure you put it directly on the lid so it stays and leaves you with the look you wanted all along!
- DON’T sleep with makeup on. Be sure to wash off all makeup before you catch some Z’s. Your skin absolutely hates sticky makeup residue!
- DON’T forget to apply eye shadow first. You don’t want to get caught trying to put your eye shadow on while trying not to smear your eyeliner and mascara! By doing this, you can also see a better picture of how you want your eye shadow to look and how you want your colors to blend.
- DON’T over-do it when it comes to foundation and blush. Try your hardest to evenly distribute your foundation on your face. You want to avoid caking on your makeup. This overlooks the natural and subtle look you’re aiming for.