Since I’ve been to a couple proms, I understand how overwhelming and stressful it can be! Making sure everything is perfect can get exhausting, especially when things don’t always go your way. So… here are a few tips to help you stay on track for a successful night with friends!
- First and foremost… you have to find the perfect dress! Along with your dress, you have to find the shoes that will compliment it. Jewelry comes next. Look for that elegant pair of earrings or necklace you’ve been dying to buy. Make sure to find everything at least a month in advance. This will save you so much stress and give you enough time to put together your look.
- Now it’s time to schedule some appointments! With prom season….hair, makeup, and nail appointments fill up fast so be sure to call early. After you schedule, go online and look for your favorite hairdo, makeup combo, and nail design. Be sure to take pictures with you so your specialist knows just what you’re looking for!
- If you have a large group going together, you’ll want to start up some group chats and look into renting a party bus or limousine to drive you around. Someone in the group will need to make phone calls to get prices from these companies and see what your group can afford!
- You have your dress and tux colors so now it’s time to call your local florist and get your date his boutonnière. You may want to drop some subtle hints to make sure he’s ordered your corsage :).
- Last, but not least, plan to get together with some of your friends on the date of the big day. Have your friends over for some appetizers while you all get ready together. After all, prom will be one of your most memorable nights in all of high school!
Have fun! – Chelsea