What if I told you there was a way to make chocolate chip cookies…with avocados?! Would you think I was totally bezerk? I not, I promise! I am so excited to share this guilt-free recipe with you all! You can eat as many of these delicious cookies as you want without feeling like a beached whale afterwards! Check it out:
- 100 grams of avocado flesh (sounds zombie-ish, right?)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 50 g. dark chocolate chunks
- 1 tbsp. water
- ½ tsp. baking soda
Here is how to make the cookies:
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. In a bowl using a hand mixer, mix together the avocado and coconut sugar until smooth. Add in the egg.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and chocolate chunks. In a small bowl or glass dissolve the baking soda in water and add it to the dough. Mix well.
- Using two spoons place dollops of cookie dough on to a baking sheet with parchment paper. These cookies don’t spread out when you cook them like normal cookies do, so make sure to flatten them out a bit with the back of a spoon before baking them
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies don’t stick as much to the paper as they did before baking. Let them cool down. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
I found this great recipe on thesmoothielover.com! If you are super into healthy foods, try these out!!