Surprisingly enough, some of your daily beauty habits aren’t making you more beautiful. They could actually be dangerous! Too many beauty products are abused, causing them to do harm instead of actually help. Look below to see if you’re doing any of these dangerous beauty habits!
- Every girl wants bronzed, summer skin, but hitting the tanning bed can be detrimental to the health of your skin. Every time you tan you are killing healthy skin cells and increasing your chance of getting skin cancer. No tan is worth that!
- Exfoliating is a great way to unclog pores and remove dead skin cells, but over-exfoliating or using a tough exfoliator can tear the skin and cause it to become more sensitive to products in the future.
- Picking at zits is a deadly act. Once popped, peeling away at the dead skin will only cause the skin to take longer to heal or worse, scarring. Instead, leave it alone. It may look ugly, but the blemish will go away in no time.
- Touching your face seems like a harmless task, but it’s actually a crime to your skin. Every time your hand touches your skin, you’re transferring whatever dirt or oil your hands have accumulated that day onto your face…clogging your pores.
- If you use a lot of hair products, rinsing it out properly when you shower is important. Just washing it and quickly rinsing it is alright, but eventually the excess product will build up. Rinse your hair longer than you think you should.
- Never sleep with your makeup on! When you get your beauty rest, your pores will clog leaving you an unpleasant surprise in the morning.
Taking care of your skin and body properly is so important for a healthy complexion! Keep these in mind and you’re on your way to the best skin and hair you’ve ever had.