Acne can be caused by a multitude of things. Anything from a bad diet to touching your face too much can be harmful to your skin. There are tons of different things we do daily that we don’t even realize are giving way to breakouts. Here are some avoidable actions that can prevent sneaky acne from showing up!
- How many times do you use your phone a day? For me, I’m on my iPhone texting, uploading, and calling throughout my entire day. Our hands are covered in bacteria, and we transport that to our screens every time we send a text. Then we transport that to our face whenever we make a phone call! I suggest cleaning your phone every once in a while to eliminate any pesky bacteria.
- Makeup Brushes. If you don’t make it routine to wash your makeup brushes regularly, bacteria could be hiding in them. Wash them occasionally to get rid of any built-up of bacteria.
- Heavy Foundation. Caking on foundation will clog up your pores and cause breakouts. Use a lighter foundation or simply apply a smaller amount.
- Heavy coffee drinkers beware! Coffee can throw off the pH of your skin and cause breakouts. Consume more tea as a substitute!
- Lack of sleep. Lack of sleep is not only bad for your body and mind, but your skin as well! In order for your body to fight unwanted bacteria, get the recommended 7-9 hours of sleep!
If you’re struggling with acne and breakouts, I hope this was helpful!