I have been pretty obsessed with sunless tanning lotion lately because the winter left me pretty pasty! I love having a warm glow to my skin. Sunless tanning is a great alternative to harmful UV rays. Here are a few sunless tanning tips to help you get the perfect glow!
- Exfoliate: To get the best results, exfoliate your skin before self-tanning. It helps get rid of dead skin and prevents your self-tanner from streaking and looking uneven.
- Shower before: Take a shower before applying self-tanner. It gets rid of makeup, deodorant, lotion, and perfume that create a barrier on your skin and don’t allow the tanner to absorb.
- Use the right product: There are tons of self-tanning products out there, so do your research. If you have never self-tanned before or have only done it a few times, go for a gel or a mousse because these are easier to apply. Experienced tanners can use aerosol sprays.
- Apply properly: Make sure your skin is completely dry before applying. Apply lotion to your elbows and knees to prevent the tanner from absorbing and making the areas look brown. Start from the bottom of your body and work your way up when applying tanner. When applying to your face, apply a dime-sized portion to your forehead, nose, chin and cheeks. Spread this tanner over the face and remember to wash your hands when done!
- Aftercare: Wear loose clothing and avoid bathing and swimming for 6-8 hours to give the tan time to absorb.