To the girls who have naturally clear skin: I envy you! Girls like me who have to work to have clear skin long to have your gorgeous “I woke up like this” façade. According to experts, there are a few “rules” that you need to follow in order to get fabulously flawless skin. Here are those very rules so you know NOT to break them!
- SPF all day every day: Wear a minimum of SPF 15 on a daily basis. This will help prevent skin damage, wrinkles, sunburn, and skin cancer.
- Get your <3 pumping: Exercise isn’t always the most fun activity on the planet, but when you get that heart pumping you are delivering oxygen to your skin! Plus, you are burning calories and toning that fab figure.
- Say no to cigarettes: Not only is smoking terrible for your health in general, it is also horrible for your skin. Smoking causes your lung capacity to decrease, which causes decreased oxygenation of your tissues and gives your liver too much work to do to process the toxins. This causes your skin to dehydrate, stop glowing, and become inflamed.
- Don’t pick at zits: If you pop your pimples, you can cause them to scar! The best way to zap a zit is to put an ice cube wrapped in a cloth on your pimple for a minute.
- Exfoliate: This can help get rid of acne scars and also allows skin products to absorb better and work more effectively!
These are just a few things experts say will help you get gorgeous skin. Seems easy enough, right?