Split ends are such a drag! They happen out of nowhere and leave your hair looking dull and flat. There are so many products out there that claim to “fix” your split ends, but in the end it doesn’t do much. Taking good care of your hair is the first step to preventing and banishing split ends for good. By following these simple tricks and tips, your hair will be looking fabulous in no time!
- Be gentle when you brush your hair. Start at the roots and work your way up to the scalp. If you start at the scalp, you are more likely to rip hair out and cause breakage.
- Always condition your ends!
- Do not scrub and rub a towel through your hair to dry it. When you rub the ends of your hair together it causes your hair to knot. Instead, squeeze the ends to soak up the water.
- When straightening your hair use a comb to comb through each strand before going over it with the straightener. Sometimes your hair can clump together and the heat will make it break.
- Start at the roots and wrap your hair around the curling iron when curling your hair. When you start at the ends of your hair, the heat sits there the longest. Try exposing the ends of your hair to the least amount of heat as possible.
- Blow dry your hair when necessary. Let it air dry as much as possible!
- Don’t forget to get regular trims to keep your hair healthy!
Taking proper care of your hair is so important! Although it might be a lot of work, the results are worth it. Love your hair!