Are you new at the whole “makeup” thing? I know when I first started wearing makeup I had no clue what I was doing, and it was a little scary! It is hard to know where to even start! That is when I started watching YouTube videos to help show me how to do my makeup, and then once I learned I started making videos of my own. Eye makeup is my favorite because your eyes are what most people look at when they are talking to you and are the “windows to the soul.” Here are a few tips that helped me master the art of eye makeup:
- Use primer on your eyelids before you apply liner to avoid smudged liner
- When you want your eyes to look bigger, use a white liner pencil on the inner rims of your eyes and the black liner on the outside.
- Another tip on how to make your eyes look bigger is to use a softer pencil that smudges easily to make a more natural line.
- Make sure to keep your liner as close to your lash line as possible so it blends seamlessly with them.
- Apply mascara near the roots and the not the tips or your lashes to make your eyelashes look longer.
- Make sure your eyelashes don’t clump together because they will look yucky, and to avoid this shake the brush horizontally to separate them while applying mascara.
- For the bottom eye lash, you can use a tissue paper to prevent spoiling your makeup.
Eye shadow tips:
- Brush the base color (lightest color) on the eyes up to the brow bone first, then apply the lid color (the medium color) and lastly the highlighter (the darkest color).
- Accentuate your eyes by using the same eye shadow as the color of your eye.
Hopefully these little tips will help you become a master at eye makeup! It is not too hard once you get the hang of it. J