Concealer is a life-saver, but only if you know how to use it. It took me a while to master the art of concealer! Finding the right color for you can be tricky, plus applying it the right way is a mystery to most! Here are my top 5 tips on everything concealer related.
- Color is key: There are shades of concealer that will help neutralize your specific skin tone! If you have dark purple spots around your eyes, use red concealer to cover them up and neutralize the dark circles. To find what concealer color works best for you, look at the undertone of your under eye circles.
- Different concealer formulas work better on different parts of your face: You may need a few different concealers in different colors to help cover everything. You can use a concealer that is skin tone, but having the right formula and color for the job makes a huge difference.
- When to apply: Apply concealer after foundation to prevent brushing the concealer away. It also helps you use less concealer! Top it all off with powder.
- Let your concealer set: Let your concealer “cook” or melt onto your face for a few minutes. Your body heat will warm it up, and it may change color or texture a bit. After it has melted a bit, then you can work with it and blend it into your foundation.
- If you like to keep things simple: If you are more of a “do the minimum” makeup kind of person, just apply concealer under your eyes, at the corners of your mouth, and next to your nose. It will help you camouflage redness or darkness in those areas quick as a flash!
Hopefully these tips help you conceal to your heart’s desire!