When I run out of my favorite tube of lipstick, a little part of me dies inside. Okay, that’s probably a little too dramatic, but I’m sure you can agree that it is a total bummer! Yes, you can just go to the store and get a new one, but sometimes that color or brand is no longer available. Also, why not try and use every last bit of yours? Here are a few ways to get the most out of your makeup and make it last a bit longer.
- Repair broken eyeshadow, blush, or face powder with a dab of rubbing alcohol. Do you have a tray of blush that you only used twice before you dropped it and cracked it? No worries. Crush the rest of it up, then add a few drops of rubbing alcohol to it and mix it together. Smooth it out so that it is spread out and even, and then let it dry! Good as new.
- Keep your powders from breaking altogether by placing a cotton pad in them while traveling or when they are in your bag.
- Reattach broken lipstick using heat. Have a parent help you, and use a lighter to heat the broken ends of your lipstick, then reattach them together.
- Let your mascara sit in a glass of warm water to loosen it up when it is getting dry and clumpy. If it really needs some thinning, add some drops of contact solution to it.
- Put on primer before doing your eyeshadow. This one is a wee bit different from the others, but it really does help your makeup go further because you don’t have to use as much to make it stand out!
Makeup is expensive, we all know that! Hopefully these tips help you get your money’s worth out of your favorite products.