Some people’s hair is more oily than others. For those of us with oily hair, we know what a nuisance it can be and how insecure it can make us feel. Your hair type and the habits you keep can really impact how quickly it gets oily, so here are a few tips on how to keep the oil at bay as long as possible.
- Wash your hair less: I know it sounds crazy, but it is true. Your scalp is stripped of it’s natural oils when you wash it so it has to work overtime to produce more oils to keep your scalp healthy, causing them to overproduce. Washing every other day or every few days can really help reduce your scalp’s oil production.
- Concentrate conditioner on the ends: Putting conditioner all over your hair can totally weight it down and cause oily roots, so concentrate conditioner from the middle to the end of your hair shaft.
- Invest in dry shampoo: I love dry shampoo. Like I LOVE it. It sucks the oil from your roots and leaves you with fresh smelling locks.
- Avoid touching your hair: Because your fingertips and face both produce oil that can easily be transferred to your hair, so avoid touching your hair. Also avoid hair styles where your hair is touching your face.
- Don’t straighten your hair too much: When you straighten your hair it lies close to your head, and the closer to your head it lies the closer it is to coming in contact with oil.
Hopefully these tips help you keep your hair grease free for longer!