Showering may seem like second nature, and you probably do the same routine every time like clockwork. Knowing how to strategically shower can not only drastically improve your hygiene, it can also help you get shiny hair and clear skin! Here is how to shower like a pro.
- Brush first: Brushing your hair before you shower can help prevent post-shower tangles, which can save your hair a world of breakage.
- Rinse well: Before you start to shampoo your hair, rinse it off really well with warm water. It will loosen the dirt and oil and open the hair cuticle.
- Lather Right: Shampooing your hair should take 30-60 seconds. You should gently massage the shampoo into your hair, but just at the roots. You should never scrub the ends because they are fragile.
- Condition quick: Get all of the water off of your hair and then concentrate the conditioner on the ends of your hair. Then rinse it out right away.
- Face last: Use the steam of the shower to your advantage! Your pores are open, so clean them out! Then rinse with cold water to close your pores.
Now you can call yourself a shower pro! Did you figure out what you were doing right/wrong?