In the winter time is when I wear the most lipstick. I like how dark reds and maroon lips look paired with a stylish winter ensemble. Plus, I go to a lot more parties and gatherings because of the holidays so I dress up more in the winter, which means I wear lipstick more often. If you want to get the prettiest pucker, follow these lipstick rules!
- Get off to a good start: Before you apply lipstick, exfoliate the dead skin off of your lips with a damp washcloth. This gets your lips prepped and ready for appication!
- Know your stuff: You should also know what lipstick formula works best for you! Matte formulas last long, but they also dry your lips out a bit. Creamy formulas hydrate your lips, but they arent long-lasting. Experiment with different ones and find which one works best for you!
- Go bold: If you want your lip color to be bold, line your lips with a lip pencil before applying lipstick.
- Be wise about blotting: Blot your lips with a tissue in between applications by gently pressing a tissue to your lips. Just don’t put a tissue in between your lips and close down on it because this may cause the color to rub off.
- Top it off: Top your lipstick off with some gloss. The shine helps your lips look plumper.
Follow these rules to get the perfect pout!