Organizing your makeup stash can be fun, but also a bit overwhelming. Over the years, most of us accumulate a lot of beauty products. I get sent a lot of products to try, and keeping them all organized is quite the task. If you love makeup and beauty and have a pretty substantial collection, I have a few makeup organization tips to keep you from becoming overwhelmed. Here are my best organizational tips:
- Keep makeup brushes in drawers because they collect dust which can subsequently cause breakouts.
- Purchase a clear vanity organizer so that you can both store your makeup and keep it close so it is there when you need it. Also, makeup is pretty so this is a great way to both display and store it.
- Store eye and lip liners in a cup on your vanity so you won’t lose them somewhere in a drawer. Also, store them upside down so you can see the color stripe on the packaging so you can quickly determine what color they are.
- Go through your products regularly. If you aren’t using something, get rid of it! Also, check for expiration dates and throw away old stuff.
- Re-purpose household items to use on your vanity. Use old candle jars to hold things like lip glosses and eyeliners. It will save you money!
- If you need organization inspiration, look it up on YouTube! You will come away with so many ideas.
- If you have 2 of one product, put the duplicate in a travel bag so next time you go to travel you will already be one step ahead. This will also keep the duplicate product from cluttering up your drawer!
I love the feeling of being organized and having everything in a designated place, don’t you?