The words “broccoli” and “tater tots” are not normally used in the same sentence…but today we are making an exception! I saw these delicious tots on Pinterest and had to investigate. These delectable taters are so much better for you because they are made of veggies! Here is how to make them:
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Boil the broccoli for minute then remove and rinse it with cold tap water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
- Chop broccoli finely and mix well with the egg, onions, cheddar, breadcrumbs, and seasoning. Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of the broccoli mix and gently press between your hands into a firm ball then shape into a tater-tot shape. Place them on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the tots are golden brown and crispy, or about 18-24 minutes, turning half way. Remove from the oven and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce! Mine is ketchup.
PS. side note, I made these this weekend and LOVED them!