Everyone struggles with the midnight munchies. It’s so typical for me in be cuddled in bed and then feel my stomach rumble. Sometimes I can’t tell if I’m actually hungry or just bored….either way, I usually find myself in the kitchen. When you’re trying to eat healthy, that midnight snack can really get ya! Lucky for you, I’ve come up with the perfect midnight snack substitutes for whatever you’re craving!
- If you’re craving ice cream, try a yogurt instead. If that doesn’t satisfy your sweet tooth enough, try adding granola, berries, dried fruit, or a few candy pieces to the yogurt.
- If you’re craving something salty, throw in a small bag of popcorn. The saltiness and crunchiness with kick that craving to the curb!
- If you need some chocolate in your life, go for a small piece of 60% or higher dark chocolate. Each square contains a small about of sugar and is even full of antioxidants!
- If you’re craving pie, try cutting up an apple and sprinkling some cinnamon and sugar on it. It’s like the pie without the crust! You can even warm it up!
- If Mexican food is what you’re stomach wants, grab some tortilla chips and salsa or guacamole.
- If you feel like you need a second meal, AKA you’re very hungry, I suggest making a small turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread. Turkey contains an amino acid that actually promotes sleep.
Next time you hear your stomach calling for help, don’t ignore it! Instead, try one of these healthier alternatives and crawl back into bed!