Cue pumpkin flavored everything – its October! Do you need an energy boost but aren’t a fan of pumpkin spiced lattes? Whip up a batch of these pumpkin chocolate chip energy balls! They will give you the energy you need, and they will get you in the “fall” spirit. They’re also great for a pre-workout boost.
- 3 cups dry, uncooked oatmeal
- 1 cup all-natural Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup all-natural Peanut butter
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 cup chopped almonds, peanuts, or coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
Combine all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl until they are very thoroughly mixed. Roll the mixture into balls of about 1inch in diameter. Place the balls on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper & freeze one hour. Store them in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
These are the best tasting energy boost around!