Do you ever feel like you spend all your time investing in others and forget to take care of yourself? Investing in yourself is so important. Just like investing money in a savings account makes it grow, investing time and energy into yourself helps you grow. Here are a few ways to invest in yourself in your twenties, because it’s never too early to start!
- Wake up early and start your day on a productive note.
- Listen to podcasts. Never stop learning.
- Read books. Even if they are just for fun.
- Run, bike, swim, walk, do yoga, anything that gets your body moving and your mind stimulated!
- Find a mentor, someone in your field of study or even just a friend with more life experience under their belt. Having someone in your corner who has “been there” and “done that” is so beneficial.
- Journal every day, whether it be Bible journaling or journaling your thoughts.
- Eat clean and eat healthy. Make it a habit early in life!
- Surround yourself with things that make life more beautiful.
- Call the people you love and catch up with them. Learn from them!
- Don’t make excuses.
- Resist comparing yourself to others and celebrate your uniqueness.
- Practice self-love and compassion.
- Don’t forget to enjoy life and have fun.
- Set boundaries for yourself and keep them.
- Become the boss of your money, and make a budget, because that is investing in your future.
- Give yourself a break. It’s okay to watch an hour of Netflix every once in a while! Resist burnout!
- This goes with the last one, and it is knowing and respecting your own limits.
- Learn something new, like another language.
- Experiment with fashion and style, and find out what works for you.
- Learn how to fear less. Fear holds us back from our potential.
How will you invest in yourself today?