A Christ-based relationship is the only option for me in the present and future, as I grow and mature. Having faith not only as a person but as a couple as well is very important. There are certain things in a Christian relationship that should become and remain a habit to keep your relationship healthy in Christ!
- Pray together. I cannot stress this enough. Learning to open up your hearts and talk to God together is a huge step in your relationship. You’ll also discover some things your boyfriend may be struggling with, and you can pray for those things as well on your own time!
- Read the Bible and devotionals together. Every night, pick a few scriptures to talk about and discuss. It’s nice to hear what someone else has to say about a certain passage or verse.
- Go to church. Going to church is crucial in your walk of faith. Knowing you have someone to encourage you and join you each Sunday is an awesome feeling.
- Volunteer or take mission trips. This will not only change the lives of others, but will give you and your boyfriend tons of great memories together.
- Surround yourselves with other Christian couples. Surrounding yourself with good people is key to staying true to yourself, whether you’re in a relationship or not!
Follow these steps and your relationship will not only grow together but in Christ too!