If you’re going off to college, especially at a big school, then I’m sure you’ve heard all the hype about sorority rush. I questioned it at first, until I heard all of the awesome experiences my friends had within their sorority. I thought I’d tell you some of the great things you can get out of a sorority if you give it a chance!
- You meet your best friends. Whether you’re at a big school or a small school, you’re going to meet some people regardless. You will be spending a lot of time with these girls, and you’ll get so close to them over your four years!
- You can get more involved. Most sororities have an executive board that you can serve on to make a difference in your chapter. You can be president of your whole sorority or something less intense like a chair position!
- You get to have social events. Formals, exchanges, date parties, BBQs, you name it! There are so many fun events throughout each semester for you to meet people, dress up, and have fun!
- You’ll get more out of your comfort zone. Going to college as it is will make you more outgoing, but joining a sorority will make you meet new people and help shape you as a whole!
- You get to volunteer for amazing causes. Most, if not all, sororities have a certain philanthropy they support and raise money for. There are so many ways to volunteer throughout your chapter to support these causes!
So what do you think? Are you going to give it a try? A lot of my friends have and they say it’s one of their greatest decisions ever!
XO – Chelsea