Relationships can be both the best and worst thing. When you meet the right person, that relationship can be the best thing that happens to you! But if you meet the wrong person… Yikes! There are certain things to consider before getting into a relationship. Consider it a “checklist” to make sure both you and the other person are ready for it!
- Know your worth. If you don’t know who you are as a person, you’re going to look to others to define you, especially someone you have a lot of feelings for. Knowing your worth is important in and out of a relationship, but even more so before you date someone!
- Make sure you’re over past relationships. There is nothing worse than getting into a relationship without being over your last one. This is so important! Don’t allow anyone to be your “rebound.”
- Talk about your morals and values with each other. Being on the same page is crucial for a successful relationship. Talk about religion, priorities, etc.
- Prepare yourself to be fully committed. If you can’t do this, then you’re not ready to invest your time and feelings into someone. Don’t waste your time and theirs!
- If you can’t see yourself possibly marrying the person, then don’t start a relationship with them! I cannot stress this enough. If you know you’re not going to end up with them in the long run, don’t waste your time and feelings.
Take these things into account before dating that special person!