Writer’s block is a real struggle. Sometimes we just can’t find the motivation to get anything done. I’ve been there, done that, trust me! It can even happen when I’m editing videos, writing articles, or coming up with Instagram captions! When you’re struggling with writer’s block, here are a few ideas for regaining your motivation.
- Allow yourself to take a half-hour or an hour break, more often than you think you need. This way is proved to be one of the most effective!
- Take a nap. Power-naps are a real thing. Taking anywhere between a 30-60-minute nap can give your brain the energy it needs to think. Sometimes sleeping really is the answer!
- If you’re hungry, eat your favorite snack. I know for me, I love food! Frustration can often take its toll so eating a light snack can give you a break and a boost.
- Bring your spirits up. When I get writer’s block, I often find myself getting frustrated and negative. Do something that makes you happy! Whether that be playing with your dog or calling your friend for a few minutes. Positivity helps!
- Free write. Free writing is actually effective! Sit down, grab a pencil, and write whatever comes to mind. It may help or it may not, but it’s worth a shot!
I hope these help you next time you’re writing a paper or outlining your speech!
XO – Chels