Spending money is easy. Saving it? Not so much! Although spending money can be fun and exciting, the bills you receive are quite the opposite. If you are a high school or college student looking for a few ways to save your money, look no further! Here is a list of 5 ways to save money that every girl should know:
1. Listen to songs you love on free apps and sites like Spotify, Pandora, or YouTube instead of downloading them on iTunes, which costs $.99 to $1.29 per song. iTunes also has a new feature called “iTunes Radio” that is similar to Pandora and Spotify.
2. Buy your feminine products like tampons, makeup removing wipes, bobby pins, hair bands, and toothpaste in bulk. Stuff is so much cheaper in bulk opposed to buying them individually at the drugstore. Look for them at places like Sam’s Club.
3. If you never use your gym membership, cancel it! Start to work out at home using YouTube fitness tutorials! There are TONS of tutorials like yoga and cardio routines!
4. Every time you go shopping and see something you love but don’t really need, put it back on the rack and wait 24 hours. If you can’t stop thinking about it, it might be a sign that it is worth it. You’d be surprised how often we forget about items that we almost buy when we put a little distance between the item and us.
5. Are you a shopaholic but don’t have the funds to fuel your love of shopping? Get together with a few friends and have a clothing swap. Not only will you be cleaning out your closet, but you will also get some fresh new pieces to spice up your closet.
Try out these tips and see how much money you can save!