If you’re like me, running is a way to get in shape and relieve stress at the same time! It’s one of my favorite things to do when I have the time. Some days though I don’t always feel like going for a run but still want to get some cardio in. Or maybe you absolutely hate running and want a way to get cardio in without having to do so. Here are some substitutions for a cardio exercise!
- Go for a bike ride! Biking is an awesome workout to do if you’re not into running. It tones your legs and gets your lungs pumping. Not to mention that it’s fun and enjoyable!
- Try out a boxing class! I wish I could get more into boxing. So many celebrities and models swear by it! It tones your whole body and is a great cardio workout.
- Do an interval workout. Interval workouts are up to you what you choose to include in them. I always like mixing in jumping jacks, burpees, stairs, etc. Whatever gets your heart pumping!
- Go for a swim. Swimming is such a good workout. If you have access to a pool, wake up early and go for a swim!
- Give Zumba a try! Zumba not only gets your body moving but lets you have fun while doing so! Get some of your friends to go with you and get your bodies moving!
Do you like to run? Or are one of these workouts your go-to? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂
XO – Chelsea