College orientation is a good place to meet people and get prepared for your first year as a college student. Along with a lot of you, I just graduated high school, so orientation is coming up! There are certain things you must do during orientation. That being said, there are also things you must avoid, as well!
- Dress appropriately for the occasion! You will be meeting a lot of other students and even counselors of your new school.
- Be social! Depending on where you go to college, there’s a big chance of you not knowing many people. Be talkative and engage in conversation. Everyone else there is trying to make friends just like you!
- Ask questions. It’s hard to know what to expect when you leave for college. Orientation is supposed to answer some of those questions! Be curious and attentive in the seminars, meetings, etc.
- Don’t forget to bring all of your orientation essentials (especially if it’s overnight). Pack the right clothes along with everything the school requires. You may need to fill out forms or packets before arriving!
- Don’t go unprepared. There are tons of things you’ll need to consider before orientation: which classes you want to take, how many credit hours of classes you want, etc. Have an idea in your head of what you want your schedule to look like!
I hope you have a successful college orientation :)!