Long distance dating can be tough. Being in a relationship can be hard enough as it is, but adding distance into the equation can make it ten times harder! There are certain things you and your boyfriend/girlfriend can do and not do to make your long-distance relationship easier and all around better!
- DON’T feel the need to talk or text 24/7. I get it, you miss one another, but being across the country from each other doesn’t mean you need to keep tabs on him/her all the time. Long-distance relationships need a lot of trust and this helps build that!
- DO make an effort. The worst feeling is when you feel like you’re putting in more than you’re getting out. Make sure you’re both making an equal amount of effort!
- DO keep a positive attitude. Positivity is everything! If you really want it to work, don’t doubt and complain about your situation. Think about the good!
- DON’T ignore your problems. Just because you can’t talk in person doesn’t mean you shouldn’t bring up problems or issues. It’s important to keep a healthy and open relationship whether it’s face-to-face or not.
- DO give each other reassurance. Reassurance is so important when you’re dating someone far away from you. Knowing that each other is 100% invested and willing to make the relationship work will help through the good and bad times.
If you’re in a long-distance relationship, share with me some tips below on how you make it work!