Most of us girls are at that age, beginning high school, starting to drive, etc., and we can’t forget dating! First dates are a big deal, and I know I’m not the only one that can’t control their nerves when asked out on a date! Whether you’re secretly crushing on your classmate or making plans with your soon-to-be boyfriend, here are a few quick dos and don’ts for your date!
- DON’T be too serious. Everyone wants to have a little fun! Make sure you loosen up and don’t be nervous! I’m sure he’s just as nervous as you are, so keep the conversation alive and going.
- DON’T bring up past relationships! If you’re thinking about an ex, maybe you’re not ready to move on just yet.
- DO be yourself! Don’t try to be someone you’re not. If you’re not yourself from the start, then they won’t like you for the real YOU!
- DO be open to creative date ideas! Just because your guy’s not the basic “dinner and a movie” type doesn’t mean he can’t come up with a sweet, cute date for the two of you. Usually those turn out to be the ones you remember!
- DO dress appropriate for your date. Just because others girls don’t, doesn’t mean you need to follow in their footsteps. Wearing a nice outfit will show you have respect for yourself!
Next time you’re asked on a date, remember we’ve all been there! Keep these tips in mind and you should be just fine!
Good luck! – Chelsea