Do you have someone you look up to and strive to be like? I think we all do. We all have someone who is a great example of how to act, speak, and carry ourselves. A lot of times, you are that person for someone else! I have girls tell me that I am their role model, and I am so flattered and humbled. We all become someone’s role model at some point, so it is good to know how to act in those situations. We don’t want to let them down and become a negative influence! Here is how to be a great role model:
- Be positive: Positive people are way more fun to be around, and their happiness is infectious! By having a positive attitude, you are motivating others around you to do the same. Nobody looks up to a Debbie downer or somebody who is constantly complaining!
- Be humble: Don’t be boastful or prideful. A humble person is one who is respected!
- Have integrity: Be honest about everything and, well, have integrity!
- Practice what you preach: When someone says something and then does something totally different, it is hard to trust them.
- Be an inspiration: If people see you overcoming obstacles in your life or they see what an amazing example you set for others, they will be inspired by your success! They will believe they can be successful because they saw you do it.
Like I said earlier, you never know who will look up to you or who you are inspiring, so it is always good to be mindful of these attributes and strive to fulfill them every day. You also have to understand that not everyone will see eye to eye with you, and some people will disagree with how you live your life and what example you set for others, but in those cases you just need to keep doing you and let God guide you in your actions.
I know you guys are amazing role models!