Having a fast metabolism is a blessing in itself. You could eat 10 donuts and not gain ANY weight. Talk about jealous! Unfortunately, not all of us were born with a turbo speedy metabolism and it only gets worse as we get older. Luckily, there are a few everyday things we can do to keep our metabolism up and running; plus, all of these tricks are super healthy for your body. Check it out!
- When you’re tired, not only does your body slow down, but so does your metabolism. Make sure you’re getting a good night’s rest. Aim for 8 hours a night!
- Your muscles burn up a lot of calories during the day. To burn even more, try weight training to build up.
- Do NOT skip meals! Eating breakfast as soon as you wake up is your metabolisms sign to get moving! The longer you wait to eat, or the fewer meals you eat, your metabolism will stop doing its job.
- If you love spicy food, then you’re in luck. The spicier the food, the quicker your metabolism kicks into gear.
- Drink water!! Water is amazing. It not only speeds up your metabolism, but it gives you better skin, rids your body of toxins, and keeps you hydrated. Keep a 64oz. water bottle with you and drink away throughout the day!
Happy eating, sleeping, and working out!