As my senior year is nearing to an end, I can’t help but reflect on the past four years of my high school career. There are both things I wish I would’ve done and things that I would change. I thought I’d share some advice I wish I would’ve considered at the start of my freshman year.
- Be too friendly. Say hi to even the people you barely know. You might not be friends with everyone at the end of the day but being kind goes a lot further than you think.
- Go to every football game, every dance, every play. You might not know it yet, but these events will be where most of your memories are made.
- Take lots of pictures and videos! My friends know every time we do something I’ll usually have my camera or phone ready to go. Trust me, it’ll be worth it to capture every moment!
- Get involved! There are so many clubs I would’ve joined if I knew how fun it is to be involved and meet people outside of your class, sport, etc.
- Don’t worry too much about not having a boyfriend. I cannot stress this enough! Most high school relationships come with drama and added stress. That being said, don’t be afraid to go on dates or be in relationships. Just know your worth and save most of your time for your friends and family!
- Lastly, don’t overthink that one bad grade you got on a test. Most of the time, you won’t even remember that grade in a year, or even a month.
Whether you’re a freshman or a soon-to-be graduate, make the rest of high school years count!