Since it’s my season year, this is the last homecoming I get to experience before I graduate. I’m hoping to make it the best one yet! Homecoming night is filled with tons of memories, pictures, and festivities and will be added to the list of your favorite high school memories. Over the years, I’ve noticed a few things that are perfect for a homecoming do’s and don’ts list.
- First and foremost, allow yourself plenty of time to get ready. Too many times have I seen girls stressing about a time crunch or having a panic attack while trying to finish their hair and makeup. Start with more time than you think you’ll need just in case!
- I always hear about girls stressing to find the perfect date. Don’t worry, that’s not all what homecoming’s about! Sure, it’s fun to have a date, but going with a group of friends is just as fun! Side note: if you have a date, don’t cling onto him the whole night. You can have fun with him and all your BFFs at the same time!
- As an avid Instagrammer and photographer, I like capturing every moment (ask my friends, they’ll tell you!). Make sure you take lots of pictures to remember your fun night! You’d rather take too many than not enough.
- This tip is pretty obvious, but can often be forgotten. Plan ahead! If you need to make dinner reservations, do it weeks ahead. If you need jewelry and heels to finish off your outfit, get them far in advance. You’d rather be safe than sorry!
- Lastly, have fun! Homecoming is a night to have a blast and make tons of memories with your friends. Don’t get caught up in the stress of the night!
Have fun! – Chelsea