Working out isn’t for everyone. The thought of going on a long run or weight-lifting is enough to keep many on the couch. If those options don’t sound appealing to you, going on a long walk can be just as beneficial! While a normal walk doesn’t reap the same benefits as a run, there are a few ways to pump up your walk to burn even more calories! Follow these simple steps to a great walking workout.
- Pumping your arms at a fast pace will increase your speed and give your arms some cardio!
- Do one minute intervals of small, quick steps!
- Set a goal for each day’s work out and don’t stop until you reach it!
- If you’re hiking or on a grassy terrain, use poles to help build upper muscles.
- Make sure to keep your back straight! When your bones and muscles are aligned you can walk faster and torch more calories!
- Keep the same pace!
- To add strength training to your work out, stop every 5 minutes and do one minute of push-ups, squats, sit-ups, etc.
Now you don’t have any excuses not to work out! It’s time to get up and get moving!