Lately I have started to work out at a crossfit gym to keep in shape and stay slim. I love crossfit because it pushes my muscles and my mind, but…
Lately I have started to work out at a crossfit gym to keep in shape and stay slim. I love crossfit because it pushes my muscles and my mind, but I have to admit that my first love is running. I love being able to put my headphones in, lace up my shoes, and drown the world out for a while. Running is a great way to get/stay in shape and improve your health. Here are 8 reasons why you should start running regularly (even if it is not your favorite).
- Running is simple: It doesn’t require a lot of equipment, it is easy to get into, there is no gym required, and everyone knows how to do it!
- You can do it anywhere: It is such an accessible sport. You can run in the park, on the trail, on the treadmill, in your neighborhood, anywhere! I recommend that if you are running in a rural area that you take someone with you for safety reasons.
- You can do it any time: In the morning, in the evening, during your breaks from class, if you are on vacation, you can do it any time! If there is bad weather, you can even run indoors.
- Helps you lose weight: Running not only helps you lose weight, it helps you keep the weight off for good.
- Reduces stress: If you are feeling stressed, running helps you boost the endorphins, or feel-good neurotransmitters, in your brain.
- Strengthens your immune system: Running helps protect your body from illness by strengthening your immune defenses.
- Makes you glow: Sweating is one of the body’s best ways of cooling down and helps you release toxins from your pores and skin. The more miles you rack up, the more toxins you get rid of, and the clearer your skin will be.
- Gets you to eat healthier: Athletes know that you are only as good as your diet choices. To make the most of your workout, you need to eat right. Running forces you to really stop and think about what you are putting in your body.
Running too much can be bad for your body and can wear you out, so make sure you are listening to your body and not overdoing it.