If you browse through my website, you’ll be sure to find out that I love food…especially sweets! Whenever I have free time, I love to try out new baking recipes…
If you browse through my website, you’ll be sure to find out that I love food…especially sweets! Whenever I have free time, I love to try out new baking recipes for fun! While it may seem easy, baking can be hard sometimes! I even mess up the box directions! By observing my mom and my own mistakes, I figured out the way around some of the most common…and not some common, baking mistakes. Let’s make the best cake ever!
- I love love love fruit! If you’re making a cake or cupcakes with fresh fruit, roll the fruit through flour to keep each piece from sinking to the bottom.
- Melting chocolate chips can be hard! Microwave chocolate pieces with vegetable or canola oil for short amounts of time, stirring in between. Chocolate can burn very easily! (I’ve done this too many times.)
- Only fill cupcake cases 2/3 high to leave room for rising! They’ll turn out to be the perfect size!
- Don’t put too many things in your oven! This causes the baking time to be longer, which may result in over-baked or burnt goods!
- Test cakes right out of the oven by dipping a toothpick in the cake. If the toothpick is clean, then your cake is perfectly cooked!
- To avoid your desserts from looking sloppy, make sure they are fully cooled before decorating or icing. I know it’s hard to be patient when it smells so good!!
Happy baking Insiders!