Bangs: either you love them or you hate them. At some point in our lives we will even be tempted to try them! But, beware. They may look good in…
Bangs: either you love them or you hate them. At some point in our lives we will even be tempted to try them! But, beware. They may look good in photos you see on Pinterest, but that doesn’t mean that you will like them on your own face. Before you take the plunge and chop some bangs, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Bangs require lots of maintenance. You have to keep them constantly trimmed, like every two or three weeks, to keep them out of your eyes. Getting them trimmed that often adds up to quite a bit of money in the end!
- Working out is a little more complicated. You have to remember to keep clips and headbands with you at all times to keep your bangs out of the way.
- Try them out before you take the dive. You can watch tutorials on how to create faux bangs to see if you like them before you make the big chop. This may save you a lot of heartache in the long run if you don’t like what you see.
- Prepare for a lot of trial and error. You will have to play with your bangs a lot before you get the hang of them.
- Bangs can cause pimples. Having hair sitting on your forehead all day causes the oil from your hair to join with the oil on your forehead. That can cause breakouts! The good news is that your bangs will cover the pimples.
- There will be a time when you want to grow them out. That, my friends is a long, and sometimes obnoxious, process. Luckily there are a lot of ways to pull your bangs back, such as braiding them or twisting them. That should get you by until they are long enough to swoop to the side or bobby pin back.
There are a lot of things to consider before cutting bangs, but ultimately if you want to take the plunge then I say go for it! It is fun to change up your hair style every once in a while.